Logistics Safety Coordinator Graduate – Hima Cement Ltd
Job Title: Graduate Logistics Safety Coordinator
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Job Location: Tororo
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in planning, preparations and conducting of 5-pillar transport audits, preparation of corrective actions and follow up on corrective actions to successful closure.
- Offer technical assistance in the prequalification of transporters as required in the contractor management system and that transporters have good fleet maintenance and inspection programs and that dispatched trucks are in good condition.
- Design, implement a route hazard mapping program, that is updated on a regular basis and that all drivers assigned to a route have been briefed on the main route hazards.
- In alignment with business needs, participate in the selection and prequalification of potential transporters and in preparation and follow up of corrective action plans within agreed timelines.
- Manage accidents and incidents including investigation and reporting as per Holcim Group guidelines and procedures, prepare reports and share key learnings with stakeholders, follow up and close out corrective and preventive actions.
- Capture, maintain, and analyze road safety data and statistics and derive actions for continuous improvement from the data. All data and reports are posted in the relevant Group statistics accurately and on time.
- Conduct meetings with stakeholders and make presentations as and when called upon.
- Supervise truck inspection process for effectiveness and document process findings for further analysis and derive actions for improvement.
- Conduct regular housekeeping audits and inspections at parking yards, driver welfare facilities and check points to comply with site Health and Safety Regulations as well as Group Standards
- Design, and implement road safety culture change initiatives such as campaigns, public awareness trainings etc, both within and those organized by other agencies.
- Drive a structured, consistent and documented driver training and development program.
- Implement and sustain an effective journey plan management system with written journey plans that are monitored and evaluated and closed, conduct pre and post trip engagements
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- 1 years’ experience in busy commercial environment/FMCG involving import/export
- Must demonstrate Passion in Transport safety.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
Deadline:not later than 4th October, 2023.