Project Control Associate – UNHCR Uganda Jobs
Job Position: Project Control Associate
Employer: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to reviewing the internal control systems of implementing partners.
- Contribute to reviewing that IP agreements are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR¿s rules, policies and procedures.
- Monitor that a complete record is maintained for all projects.
- Contribute to reviewing, analysing and verifying Financial and Performance Implementing Partner Reports (Part I-IPFR and Part II-IPR), and to checking accuracy and consistency between IPFR and IPR, in accordance with project agreements.
- Ensure that the funds obligated under an IP agreement permit the payment of the next installment or a disbursement, confirming the status of installments already paid.
- Support timely project closure in coordination with the program unit.
- Bring to the attention of supervisors and program officers any significant variances at the office level in: budget execution, percentage of project execution, time schedule, and quality of projects against specifications or terms and conditions.
- Maintain professional relationships with implementing partners.
- Keep up to date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
- Escalate IP issues to supervisors.
- Recommend acceptance or non-acceptance of IPRs and payment of installments. – Contact implementing partners for project-related matters.
- Have unlimited access to financial and operational records relating to projects.
- For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Accounting; Auditing; Business Administration; Finance; Project Management
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should send their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 19th November 2023 by 5:00 pm.
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!