Job Title: Quality Analyst (Quality Control Jobs Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Quality Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness – Quality Control Jobs Uganda
Job Summary: The Quality Analyst works within the Quality Department which is responsible for developing and monitoring systems to control the quality of beer and spirits as well as protecting the environment from harmful effluent. The main aim being to achieve a standard product that meets and exceeds customer expectations while keeping the environment safe. This role works closely with brewing and packaging shift leadership and the Quality Manager. It is critical that the company maintain high quality of malt, barley, glass and brands through effective Quality Control/Assurance procedures in order to remain at the top in the market and satisfy the expectations and needs of the consumer at competitive cost. The incumbent also plays a role in preventing environmental pollution from effluents in the production processes – Quality Control Jobs Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will protect the high quality standards of UBL beer and spirits products.
- Provide Process Quality Assurance activities to production and troubleshooting within the Quality Control Laboratory.
- Provide quality technical support in problem solving in process and carry out training on analytical techniques at quality work stations for operators as well as monitor performance
- Manage and nsure that analytical lab performance KPIs are consistently met within the process.
- Manage the consistent implementation of the quality safety and environment management systems, LTO, CARM and UNBS requirements in the analytical laboratories.
- Pass or fail analytical equipment depending on whether they meet or do not meet operational requirements
- The jobholder will manage to ensure timely accurate and reliable results and report & ensure that analytical lab performance KPIs
- Manage the timely closure of brewing and packaging analytical non-conformances
- In charge of ensuring that chemical reagents are standardised and laboratory equipment’s are well calibrated and are in a good working condition.
- Ensure that processes are accurately monitored &improving production time.
- Perform analytical, sensory and microbiological checks along the process line to ensure product consistency.
- Participate in analytical ring scheme and investigate where any anomaly is found if any to ensure Diageo laboratory accreditation requirements are complied with.
- Prepare statistical process control charts, monitor and advise any process deviations to ensure product consistence.
- In charge of the analysis and coordination of monthly samples.
- Ensuring that actions arising from samples are handled.
- Routinely monitor process critical control points and data generation.
- Take decisions related to any process anomalies that may result into critical defects with in the process.
- Training new Quality analysts in the Quality section.
- Provide quality technical support in problem solving in process and carry out training on analytical techniques at quality work stations for operators as well as monitor performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a BSc preferably in food science and technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry or microbiology.
- At least two to three years relevant work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
- Working Knowledge in Microbiology/ hygiene, Brewing and Packaging process.
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.
Deadline: 22nd January, 2017
Fresh Graduate Job Opportunities in Uganda: Fresher Quality Control Jobs Uganda – Diageo Uganda (Food science Jobs)