Job Title: Graduate Training Program (MSF Uganda Vacancies)
Employer: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF-CH)
MSF Uganda Vacancies: Undertaking an internship with us will enable to gain real-life work experience and prove yourself to future employers.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
- Are you a recent graduate looking for productive work experience with a reputable NGO?
- Are you looking to gain the employability skills that will enable you to grow in the current competitive job market?
If so, then we would like to hear from you. Undertaking an internship with us will enable to gain real-life work experience and prove yourself to future employers.
About our organisation
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF-CH) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation which assists victims of war, displaced and disable people in situation of armed conflicts. MSFC-CH is looking to offer an internship opportunity for its SUKA office based in Kampala – Uganda. About the opportunity
We currently have an internship opportunity with our Supply & Logistics team The successful candidates will be supporting our: Procurement team to:
- Improve the relationships with different supplies, carry out inventories
- Stock tools update and purchasing for the organisation.Transport Team on updating cargo
- follow up information (on the board – computer file),
- Preparing the file for tax exemption,
- Receiving and checking suppliers invoices for preparing payments,
- Participating to loading and offloading cargoes and filing and photocopying transport and customs related documents
- Perform other task on demand of the Supply Team
Qualifications, Interests and Skills Required:
Mandatory Hold a diploma or degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management.
- Be committed to humanitarian work
- Be interested in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Be entrepreneurial and open to new challenge and ideas
- Be ready to commit to a placement for 6 months
- Computer literate with very good knowledge of MS-Office (Excel) Soft skills:
- Good organisational skills, independence, flexibility, initiative, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, good physical condition.
- Ability to summarise, and to work independently, good stress management, resourcefulness, honesty, ability to prioritise.
English mandatory, French and/or Luganda strong assets
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV merged together in a PDF or word document to the HR department of MSF Switzerland via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline by the 2nd of April 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.