Job: Driver Light Vehicle (4 Positions)
The Mukwano Group of Companies is one of the leading and most respected conglomerates in Eastern and Central Africa. Since it’s humble beginning in 1980, the Mukwano business has grown through visionary diversification into manufacturing, agriculture, property development, logistics, supply-chain management and packaging.
REPORTING TO THE TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Drive light vehicles to specified destinations
- Transport staff to specified and approved destinations
- Reporting mechanical faults to the Fleet Maintenance Officer
- Arrange for cleaning the vehicle as per approved cleaning schedule
- Perform regular checks on the vehicles following guidelines issued by the Fleet Maintenance Engineer
- Any other duties assigned by the Transport Supervisor.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Uganda Certificate of Education
- Holder of a CM & B class Driving Permit
- 2 years relevant experience in driving.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Ability to work independently should have effective communication skills, excellent customer care skills and sound decision making skills.
- Integrity, flexible, good interpersonal and problem solving skills. Should have a positive attitude, results focused, can work for long hours under pressure with minimum supervision
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact addresses of three (3) referees should be sent to;
The Human Resource Department,
Mukwano Group of Companies
P.O Box 2671, Kampala, UGANDA
Or by E- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting the job reference as subject to the mail.
The attachment should not exceed 2MB. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 1st November – 15th November 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.