Job Vacancy: Administrative Assistants (2) – Administrative Assistant Jobs in Uganda 2017
Reports to: University Registrar
Duty station: Kakeeka and Mubende Study Centre 9
Administrative Assistant Jobs in Uganda 2017: Muteesa I Royal University (MRU) is a private University that was accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE) in 2007. Its Main Campus is situated in Kirumba, Masaka, with other campuses in Mubende and Kakeeka-Mmengo.
The Mission of the MRU is to provide an effective and efficient setting for the development of intellectually, dynamic individuals, principled, and resourceful, professionals and practitioners. MRU is seeking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and committed candidates to fill the positions highlighted herein below:
To implement all activities associated with admission, registration, examination and graduation at faculty level in line with the approved manuals
Key result areas/responsibilities:
- Issue admission letters and other admission requirements to the new students and record their names and registration numbers in line with the admission guidelines
- Register students who have paid fees and issue them with registration certificates
- Conduct surveys with students to establish their views on the lecturing processes and provide feedback to the deans and heads of departments about student’s opinions in line with the quality assurance policy.
- Monitor the process of administering exams at the faculty level and confirm compliance to the examination rules and guidelines
- Receive and enter examination results in a computerized system and send an authenticated hard copy to the Registrar in charge of examinations
- Receive and process all graduate students’ research proposals and dissertations and prepare them for examination in line with the research examination policy
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have at Honours Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field.
- Post graduate qualifications in Education Management will be an added advantage.
- Should be a team leader with strong administrative, organizational and planning Skills
- Should be self-driven; demonstrate high standards of integrity, ethics, objective judgment and independence.
- Ability to learn new ways of doing things
- Good interpersonal relationship with colleagues and students
- Good customer care for the students and parents
- Emotionally balanced and able to work under stressful environment
- Ability to use a computer and specifically Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint
1. Send an application letter together with updated curriculum vita and three references; 3. Copies of certified academic credentials and professional certificates and transcripts To:
The Recruitment Division Manpower Services (U) Ltd P.O. Box 29696, Kampala. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5:00pm Monday 20th March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.