Job Title: Social Workers (5 No Experience Job Opportunities) – Doctors with Africa Jobs:
Organisation: Doctors with Africa CUAMM
Duty Station: Uganda
Doctors with Africa Jobs: Doctors with Africa CUAMM was the first non-governmental organisation (NGO) in the field of healthcare to be officially recognised in Italy. Doctors with Africa Cuamm is the largest Italian body working to improve and safeguard the health of African populations.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is due to implement a district health systems strengthening project in West Nile with a similar intervention already running in Karamoja in partnership with UNICEF. The purpose of the project is to support the district health systems in service planning, implementation, support supervision, quality improvement and information management and reporting leading to sustainable increase in access to health services especially maternal, neonatal, adolescent, nutrition and EMTCT services and stronger district health systems. The project will focus on strategies and delivery platforms that have potential to reach the most vulnerable children in both host communities and refugee settlements. Districts with refugees will receive support in line with the Refugee and Host Population Empowerment (ReHoPE) strategy, in order to deliver government-led, multi sector actions directed to both host communities and refugees.
Job Summary: The Social Worker will plan for and ensure implementation VHT activities including meetings, home visiting and reporting. The incumbent will work in liaison with VHT focal person at the district and the sub-county health assistants to ensure proper supervision of VHTs and collection of data. Organize and ensure implementation of outreach services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Social worker jobs should possess Bachelor’s degrees in sociology, social work and social administration, community development, development studies or related courses.
- Ability to speak one or more West Nile languages
- Previous experience in community health programming and activity implementation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that they have sound experience working in the region and/or in a closely related project
- Demonstrated ability to work in difficult environments of scarcity and with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with telephone contacts and contactable referees addressed or delivered to: The Human Resource Officer, Doctors with Africa CUAMM P.O. Box 7214 Kampala, Email email@example.com. The Email subject of the applications should include the title of the job advert. Emails and attachments (only CV and Application letter) must not exceed 2MB otherwise they will be rejected by server. Hard copies can also be delivered to the CUAMM Country Offfice in Kansanga.
Deadline: 30th June 2017 by 5:00pm.