Job Title: Internship Opportunities
Internship Type: Early Career Internship Program
Organization: Uganda Breweries Limited – Diageo (UBL)
Primary Location: Portbell Brewery
Reports to: Corporate Relations & Legal Director
Uganda Breweries Limited Jobs: Eligible candidates for Internship must be 2nd, 3rd years or final year students – (i.e. going back to school to continue with studies after internship) in a public or accredited private academic institutions undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Uganda Breweries Limited is Uganda’s leading premium adult beverage company that focuses on the development of great brands and great people. Our key objectives are the delivery of the highest quality brands to consumers and long term value to our investors.
UBL operates in a market, which is dominated by a wide mix of product brands. It is important that UBL maintains the lead in the Quality of its products in order to remain competitive and to maintain the DIAGEO brands reputation. UBL has established Quality, Food safety, environmental and Occupational Health and Safety policies that ensure effective management of Quality, Food safety, environment and Occupational Health and Safety. These policies have to be adhered to so as to ensure total control and Brand Protection at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Interns should have a desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn.
- Strong listening skills are also required to perform this role.
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow directions, as well as not being afraid to ask questions will ensure a productive internship.
- An excellent Excel Spreadsheet skill is essential.
- Very articulate with fluent English.
- Patient, attention to detail, fast learner, committed, able to follow instructions, can work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Keen to learn about the markets and also with high attention to detail and pride in their work at this initial stage of their career development
- Letter from institution indicating you are a student there and/or require an internship as part of the requirement for course completion.
- Personal Accident insurance cover for the period of the internship
- Bank account details
- Copy of Identification document.
- The internship is for a fixed period of three months without extension.
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click the web link below.
Deadline: 13th May 2019.