Job title: Supply Chain Intern
Reporting to: Supply Chain Officer
Overall purpose of the role:
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Jobs: The Supply Chain intern main objective is to provide efficient and effective Procurement and Logistics support under DRC procedures.
To ensure that all procurement and logistics procedures, practice, and documentation meet standards set in the DRC Operations Handbook, and in accordance with donor requirements, to bring transparency and accountability to the Logistics process.
Ensuring that all documentation related to procurement and logistics procedures meets organizational and donor guidelines
To ensure that procurement and logistics documentation is completed, organized, and filed in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook
- Day-to-day management of procurement files under the guidance of the SC Officer / SC Manager
- Collate procurement payments and prepare payment requests for submission to Finance
- Scan all procurement documents for uploading in Dynamics
- Collate and file of tender documents
- Submission of procurement and logistics documents for review and signature
- Support in low value / SQ purchases
- Assist the SC Officer Procurement to update the procurement tracker
- Support SC Logistics Officer up-date update daily/weekly vehicle movement and service board and ensure vehicles are tracked.
- Support Movements of staff through Kiss contacts
- Support SC Officer Logistics collate and analyzing of all fleet data.
- File logistics records
Experience and technical competencies:
- A graduate of Commerce / Supply Chain /Administration /Management or any other related qualification.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
- Ability to travel if need be within the Country for up to 4 weeks.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Supply chain/Logistics Management. / Bachelor Degree in Commerce /Supply Chain /Business Administration / Management or any other related qualification
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online application form here
Deadline: Applications close on 10th February 2019.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.