Job Title: Marketing Intern – Cycle Connect Jobs
Organization: Cycle Connect
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Cycle Connect Profile:
Cycle Connect is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potential and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential, Cycle Connect offers asset financing directly to smallholder farmers.
Their portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. They’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
To date, they’ve disbursed over 4,000 loans and are focused on another 3,000 in the coming twelve months.
- Providing support to Cycle Connect’s Marketing Officers and Loan Officers during loan cycle.
- Traveling to the field regularly to assist in sensitizations of communities, bicycle distributions, and loan repayments.
- Data entry of client applications and monitoring and evaluation surveys.
- Identifying potential oxen and plough clients, and collecting data from local market days.
- Assisting in the design and implementing research projects to understand customer satisfaction and community opinions on loan terms and conditions.
- Providing translation to Cycle Connect’s international staff members.
- General administrative duties including filing Cycle Connect’s documents, photocopying, and answering the phone.
- Strong interest in learning ways in which business solutions can be incorporated into development organisations.
- Flexibility and ability to work on a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing and eager to work non-traditional business hours to ensure tasks are completed.
- Well organized individuals.
- Minimum qualification of diploma from recognized university or college.
- Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage but not a must.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in sales or credit.
- Fluency in English is required; speaking Luo (Acholi, Langi) is an added advantage.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Preference will be given to those with agriculture/finance degrees or diplomas.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 30th October 2019