UEDCL Jobs – Diploma GIS Survey Assistants
Job Title: GIS Survey Assistants – UEDCL Jobs
Organization: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
Reports To: Senior GIS Officer
Job Location: Head office
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) Profile:
The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage in the electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
- To conduct data capture, clean up and Maintenance of the Geographical Information System (GIS), for better analysis and decision making.
- Work with GIS Officer to update Distribution Network database in line with any additions made by the Concessionaires.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and Capture Geospatial Data on Changes on the Distribution Networks (New lines, Line Diversions, Injections, Extensions and Line Refurbishments).
- Maintain and Clean GIS Database at all times to ensure an accurate date always.
- Identify and report on high-risk hazards on the Networks.
- Provide Basic recommendations and necessary corrective actions, based on findings in the Field
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical or Civil Engineering from a reputable Tertiary Institution.
- IT qualification is added advantage.
- One Year Minimum Experience on Distribution Networks (Uganda Knowledge preferred).
- Have a Valid Driving Permit is added advantage
- Creation of SLD and drawings representative of the Distribution network using Technical soft wares.
- Knowledge of Desktop GIS (ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, CAD), Field Mobile GIS data Capture using handhelds based on ESRI ArcPad and specialised Android to Accompany workflows.
- Ability to travel anywhere in Uganda at Short Notices and walk long distances in the field.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae online via the link below;
Deadline: 8th November 2019