Job Title: Program Assistant – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Reports To: Program officer
Duty Station: Bidi bidi/Yumbe-West Nile
Mercy Corps is looking for an experienced, qualified candidate to fill the position of Program assistant. Reporting to a Program Officer, the Program Assistant will support implementation activities in Bidibidi implemented at the Innovation Centers that are linked to this project.
Specific activities will include strengthening relationships with existing community structures, sensitization of community groups, monitor partners’ activities at the innovation centre, work planning, assist in creating activity reports and any other activity as needed. S/he will be a creative, action-oriented problem solver with strong experience in partnership management. As most of the work will happen in the field it’s required to travel at least 70% to the field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with Project Officer, organize and support inception and sensitization meetings
- Mobilize community members and identify those who fit the selection criteria for registration of the several program activities.
- Work closely with the partner organizations and other stakeholder like UNHCR, OPM and the District Local Government.
- Support community sensitization activities different skill training and employment events that are organized in and around the Innovation Centers.
- Registration and profiling of interested program participants.
- Build relationship with implementing partners and monitor their activities closely in coordination with the other team members at the innovation centre.
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings with partners to ensure high quality program implementation.
- Make daily field visits to settlements to ensure good implementation of activities as well as partners’ activities.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Under guidance of Program Officer, participate in any market assessment, price monitoring and baseline/end line data gathering needs.
- Support the development of participant registration tool.
- Support data collection activities including post-training monitoring and post distribution monitoring.
- Continuous improvement of activities will be expected based on this information.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation. Respond to queries if and when necessary.
- Support in maintaining a proper filing system with activity reports, attendance lists and pictures.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps Uganda and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Accountability to Beneficiaries: Al Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to direct program participants, engaging them as equal partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our field activities.
- Organizational Learning: As part of Mercy Corps Uganda’s commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit the program as well as themselves.
- Diploma in relevant field: social sciences, economics, business administration or in any other related field.
- Experience in humanitarian response activities and implementing and managing similar initiatives (employment, economic strengthening, entrepreneurship, IT skilling) is preferred.
- Strong community mobilization skills a must.
- Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization skills.
- Good (English) verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
- Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
- Able and willing to drive a motorbike safely on a daily basis (Having a valid license is required).
- Speaking a local language is preferable: e.g. Lugbara, Kakwa, Arabic etc.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability and curiosity to work comfortably and effectively in the cultural, relatively poor infrastructure of West Nile.
- S/he will be an excellent communicator, have a strong sense of humor, multi-tasker, and able to work difficult and often stressful environments.
- S/he will be committed to the work of Mercy Corps and the objectives of this program.
- They will demonstrate their dedication with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and creative problem solving.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2020, by 5:00 pm