Job Title: Audit Assistant – NCDC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Scale: CD 8
National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC) Profile:
The National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC) is a corporate autonomous statutory body/agency under the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoE&S) responsible for the development of educational curricula for primary, secondary and some tertiary institutions in Uganda.
Its functions include, inter alia, initiating processes for curricula research, review and/or reform, updating, testing and coordinating the implementation of educational curricula at all levels of learning (Primary, Secondary and Tertiary) as well as promulgation of guidance for the implementation of improved educational curricula and pedagogy.
To assist the Head of Internal Audit in making independent and objective assurances that add value, and improve the Centre’s operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Auditing revenue collection for accountability purposes;
- Auditing procurement and payments in line with Procurement law and regulations, and NCDC Financial Regulations & Guidelines;
- Conducting manpower audit in line with the approved budget and work plans;
- Assisting Head internal audit in reviewing and advising on Council’s accounting systems in line with the internal controls;
- Monitoring the expenditure of Council in line with the budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Reviewing of working papers in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit.
- Preparing and forwarding engagement plans and budgets to Head of Internal Audit.
- Drafting of the audit findings and submitting them to Head of Internal Audit.
- Assessing risks in auditable units and assisting the Head Internal Audit in preparing a risk based work plan.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Working papers reviewed in consultation with Head Internal Audit.
- Engagement plans prepared.
- Collection of Audit evidence from auditable units in line with agreed engagement plan done.
- Draft Audit findings and submit to the Head Internal Audit.
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honours Bachelor’s degree in a business-related course with Accounting or Auditing option from a recognized University or Institution plus at least level two of Professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized awarding Institution.
- An Honours Bachelor’s degree in a business-related course with Accounting or Auditing option from a recognized University or Institution plus an Accounting Technician Course (ATC).
- A full professional qualification in accounting or Auditing from a recognised awarding institution.
- At least two years’ experience in Internal Auditing, External Auditing or Finance Accounting.
- Analytical skills
- Risk identification, assessment and prioritisation
- Financial management;
- Information and Communications Technology
- Concern for Quality and Standards
- Ethics and Integrity
- Communication and report writing
- Time management
Subscribe to Blog via Email
How To Apply for NCDC Uganda Jobs 2020:
Applicants should submit six hard/soft copies of the application to the ofﬁce of the Director OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter expressing interest in the job;
- A detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, signed and dated by the applicant;
- Copies of letters of relevant appointments;
- Copies of the applicant’s National Identity Card or Biodata pages of the Passport;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be advised to send their reference letters under Conﬁdential cover to the Secretary, NCDC Governing Council.
- Sealed applications with the position applied for and the applicant’s names indicated on the top right corner of the envelope should be addressed and submitted to:
NCDC Governing Council
P.O. Box 7002
NCDC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 17th July 2020
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.