Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer – Food for the Hungry Jobs 2020
Organization: Food for the Hungry Uganda (FH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Food for the Hungry (FH) Uganda Profile:
Food for the Hungry is a Christian humanitarian organization ending all forms of human poverty by providing life-changing development programs, disaster relief, and advocacy. Since 1971, Food for the Hungry has been going into the world’s hardest places with an exit strategy: to respond to human suffering and graduate communities of extreme poverty into self-sustainability, all within a decade
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Result #1 –Cash management
- Ensures that all cash receipt for local collections are deposited on time as appropriate
- Support the PAM in the preparation of monthly cash flow for the cluster and ensure timely submission to the support office for cash for activities to be released.
- Ensures that project expenditure remains within monthly cash flow or the budget.
- Monitors all program advances issued at the cluster level and follow up with staff to ensure timely accountabilities.
- Manages petty cash at the cluster level in compliance with the organization policies and procedures.
Key Result #2 – Finance Management
- Obtains monthly bank statement from the bank and reconcile with the cashbook record.
- Reviews all payment requests at cluster level to ensure adherence to FH financial policy and that they are in line with the relevant budgets prior to the PAM’s approval.
- Prepares monthly FH journal templates for the project/cluster and submits to the Support Office by 29 th of every month.
- Receives monthly Expense reports from the Regional Senior Accountant and analyses the expenditure in line with the budget to advise the PAM or project coordinator on issues that require special attention.
- Support staff to read and understand the financial report and budget and ensure proper use of FH financial coding.
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations, FH finance policies and local government rules and regulations;
- Ensure the accuracy and correctness of all transactions against each grant; ensuring all expenditures are posted under the right financial codes.
- Coordinate with the PAM to compile donors, projects and programs feed backs on expense reports to take subsequent corrective action.
- Support the Cluster Program team in developing budgets; Support the Cluster budget preparation for potential and operational programs for the year.
- Capture all information on taxes withheld from suppliers like TIN and Amount Withheld and ensure timely submission to the Regional Senior accountant for filling.
- In coordination with PAM & Kampala finance, organize in house training and/or orientation session on finance to projects staff
Key Result #3 – Staff Supervision and Administration
- Supervises all cleaning, Stores, security and office management staff and activities
- In consultation with the immediate supervisor, schedules staff annual leaves, keep and update personnel files and submit monthly staff timesheets.
- In collaboration with the PAM, review monthly financial variance reports and use financial reports as guidelines for adjusting personnel effort and program expenditures;
- Evaluate performance of subordinates.
- Giving support to the Logistic Officers to ensure the right procurement processes are followed and participate in the bid evaluation process for purchases within the cluster threshold.
- Monitor monthly log sheets and fuel usage for vehicles & motorcycles and reporting as appropriate
- Support the Program Area Manager in enforcing Organization policies
- Ensure proper filing of records in the field office.
- Assists the PAM in administrative matters.
- Submits required staff information to HR for processing of Payroll, ID’s, N.S.S.F and Insurance/benefits
Key Result #4 – Internal control, Fixed asset and Inventory management
- Checks inventory and fixed asset records of the project monthly.
- Verifies Commodity movement for the Cluster.
- Ensures that the internal control system of the organization are in place and are observed by all staff.
- Support projects audit for the cluster.
- Ensure proper fleet management of the cluster
Key Result#5: Safety and compliance**
- Ensure safety measures are in place and supervisees are in compliance with the Core Security Requirements as per FHU security manual & SOP’s.
- Report all cases of SEA abuse and ensure that they are followed up appropriately.**
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree/equivalent in Finance and accounting or related discipline from a recognized university or institution.
- Having completed ACCA/CPA level II is added advantage / pursuing professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 3years extensive experience in financial management and co-ordination preferably within an international NGO environment.
- Having an auditing background is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in MS word, excel, PowerPoint, Access and Internet and accounting systems specifically Sun System.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ, understands and applies FH Foundational Principles and Values, Vision and Purpose.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues.
- Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes.
- Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles.
- Complies to all finance, personnel, procurement and administrative policies of FH
- Excellent spoken and written proficiency in English and a local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How To Apply Food for the Hungry Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document Of Not More Than 2MB), addressed to The Human Resources Manager, Food for The Hungry Uganda
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: Friday 7th August, 2020 at 4:30pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email