Job Title: 150 Information Technology Support Assistants – Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Electoral Commission
Duty Station: Any Electoral Commission District Office in Uganda
Electoral Commission of Uganda Profile:
The Electoral Commission, established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions within its establishment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that every polling station in the district is allocated with a Biometric Voter Verification kit.
- To offer technical support in resolving issues relating to the functioning of the Biometric Voter Verification System (BVS).
- To configure the Electronic Results Transmission and Dissemination System (ERTDS) for all categories of elections. To maintain the ERTDS and BWVS Equipment inventory.
- To train BWS operators on its usage.
- To support, train and supervise Data Entry Clerks at the District.
- To prepare regular reports on Biometric Voter Verification and Electronic Results Transmission and Dissemination.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the District Returning Officer or Regional Field IT Officer, from time to time
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants should be Ugandans holding a Minimum of a Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field from a recognized institution. Being a registered voter is an added advantage
- Applicants should have at least 2 years of relevant working experience in Information Technology or a related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of both automated and manual software installation issues in an integrated platform environment.
- Basic knowledge and skill in network concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Basic knowledge of various network implementations, including Ethernet, wireless and TCP/IP.
- Experience in working with different technology devices, peripherals and media equipment.
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware, software and peripherals of different types and to provide server restorations from backups.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must adhere to attendance requirements and be willing to work beyond normal working hours.
- Ability to maintain honesty, integrity and confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Age limit: 25 to 35 years
How To Apply For Electoral Commission Uganda Jobs 2020
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below. Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of Information Technology Support Assistant.”
Head, Human Resource
P.O. Box 22678
Deadline: 8th October 2020