Job Title: Administration Officer – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibility 1: People & Service provider management:
- To Supervise and monitor administrative activities of administration staff and Service Providers in EUTF SUPREME Programme Management.
- Planning, Documentation and events support for SUPREME project
- Identify key gaps in administration services and proposing measures to improve service delivery in the SUPREME project.
- Plan and provide logistical support for SUPREME meetings and other forums such as workshops and learning events.
- Provide management information for SUPREME project decision making through monthly report writing.
PMU Office and Field SUPREME team Accommodation Management
- Develop and maintain internal and external cleanliness standards of the office premises to ensure a good working environment
- Continuous improvement of the organizational image through ensuring proper office lay out and outlook
- Maintain adequate stock of refreshments and cleaning supplies and materials, and monthly utility bills payment processing (electricity, water, telephone, security, repairs & maintenance) as per approved standards
- Maintain office and residential key logs and ensures both office and residential premises are safe; secures office keys and allocates them to staff keeping copies of each set of keys.
- Maintain SUPREME assets (including assets register) and ensure routine service of office machinery and assets.
Communication and relationships
- Communication and dissemination of guidelines and framework agreements to consortium partners.
- Manage the SUPREME staff mobile airtime benefit including up to date airtime loading, and payment of service providers.
Hotel reservations processing and management
- Sourcing for quotations and processing requisitions for SUPREME staff and partners
- Order placement in line with approved rates
- Managing and coordinating service delivery between guests and the hotel
- Payment processing in line with set standards
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, management sciences or related disciplines.
- At least two years’ experience in implementing administration, logistics and supplies related activities preferably within an NGO setting.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Must have good computer skills especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have experience in customer care, contract management and outsourcing
- Must be good in priority setting, multitasking and time management
- Must have good report writing and feedback skills
- Good advocacy and negotiation skills
- A high level of integrity is required
How To Apply For World Vision Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
You should address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda.
Deadline: 7th November 2020
(Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply)