Job Title: Finance Assistant – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile:
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. With funding from USAID, DFID, ECHO, Sweden Government, Swiss Development Cooperation and private foundations including MasterCard Mercy Corps has been able to work together with communities in Uganda to respond to the needs of our target population, which is focused on youth and more specifically adolescent girls.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare checks or wire transfer payments based on fully approved documents and present them to final authorizers for EFTs
- Receive all documentation from other departments for finance review and assign them to respective finance reviewers as per AAM.
- Coordinate with field finance teams and ensure receipt of weekly FC transaction files for review and posting
- Ensure Kampala Cash is well managed including petty cash replenishments, Cash counts and safety guidelines adhered to.
- Perform accurate Weekly and end month cash counts and reconciliations for Kampala cash transactions
- Ensuring that all supplier payments have receipts acknowledging payment attached to them in a timely manner.
- Ensure that compliance to the Approval levels of all supporting documents (quotation analysis, POs, PRs, Payment requests) before proceeding to make a payment
- Making entry of Cash transactions, purchase Invoices(PIs) and General journals (GJs) in the Accounting Software for review by the FO and posting.
- Prepare and compile End of Month Package to make it ready for sending to Headquarters for month closing.
- Managing bank relations and ensuring any changes are updated timely for the smooth running of the finance function.
- Stamping of All transactions for Kampala office with PAID and CLEARED stamp respectively as per requirement.
- Compile copies of vouchers and other supporting documentation as may be required for Audit.
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain a systematic voucher filing system, well labelled such that files are clearly identifiable.
- Maintaining an updated advance register for Kampala office and ensuring that employee advances are cleared with n the limits of MC advance policy.
- Offer prompt support and backstopping to field finance, other finance assistants whenever required.
- Support new Finance Team members settle in by providing necessary logistics for their work
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience.
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of financial management and accounting
- Strong analytical skills including attention to details are essential
- Demonstrated experience and skills with financial reports preparation and
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
How To Apply For Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: 16th November 2020