Job Title: HR & Admin. Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
International Rescue Committee (IRC)Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Reporting to the HR & Admin. Officer, the HR & Admin. Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Urban Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist generally in the human resource/recruitment activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files) for the IRC in Urban.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Draft and track Staff Contracts/COS with the support of the HR/Admin Officer.
- Prepare the IRC staff list monthly in liaison with the HR/Admin Officer Urban.
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruited staff Urban Office.
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Maintain employee’s database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training tracking sheets.
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the HR & Admin Officer.
- Prepare monthly HR reports for Urban.
- Maintain the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
- In liaison with the HR and Admin Officer –South West, prepare monthly payroll information for staff and forward to the Country HR Lead for payroll processing in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Urban and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer prepare monthly cash projections for the Human Resources/Admin Department
- Ensures OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) HR & Admin. Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course.
- At least two years of work experience in performing similar duties.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.