Job Title: Fresher Officer Contracts Management – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
Responsible for the following duties. Plans and manages all contractual aspects of a procurement project; establishes and maintains work programme and schedules for ongoing contracts and newly planned ones.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Manager Legal Advisory Services for performing the following duties:-
- 1. Preparing contracts for internal review and approval and ensuring compliance with KCCA policies as well as applicable laws or regulations
2. Drafting, managing, distributing, responding to, or analyzing RFIs, RFPs, RFQs or customer terms and conditions as needed.
3. Maintaining a deep understanding of KCCA contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
4. Reviewing proposed terms and conditions submitted by the contractor/consultant and reconciling with KCCA requirements and policies.
5. Contributing towards preparing contract specifications for KCCA Contracts with other parties in line with KCCA policies and other relevant laws and regulations.
6. Developing and implementing of procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with KCCA policies and procedures.
7. Maintaining contractual records and documentation such as controlling of contract correspondence, customer contact information, contractual changes, insurance documents, bonds and guarantees, status reports and other documents for all projects.
8. Ensuring that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretating to support implementation.
9. Providing guidance and advising Officers and the Project Management team, so as to ensure that all contracts are monitored for compliance and performance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.) are in compliance with terms and conditions of same.
10. Administering contracts to ensure that suppliers perform in accordance with contract requirements.
11. Reporting on the status of all upcoming contracts and Flagging issues and concerns where there appear to be non-conformance to the terms and conditions of the contract and addresses same.
12. Ensuring contract close-out, extension or renewal as guided and preparing legal opinions regarding contractual issues and proposes solutions.
13. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honors’ Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Center. Possession of a postgraduate qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage. Applicant should be enrolled as an advocate and should be a member of a relevant professional association.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years working experience in legal practice at Assistant Officer or Officer Level in Government or a reputable organization.
How To Apply for KCCA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.