Job Title: Legal Clerk – Bowmans Uganda Jobs 2021
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Bowmans is a law firm that has been providing specialist legal services in the fields of corporate law, banking and finance law and dispute resolution, spans over a century. With eight offices in six African countries and over 400 specialist lawyers, we draw on our unique knowledge of the business and socio-political environment to advise clients on a wide range of legal issues.
The legal clerk will provide clerical support in respect to all legal and administrative roles at Bowmans. He/she shall be knowledgeable, accountable and experienced hands-on resource with the ability to execute their roles with minimal supervision. They should be proactive, organized, detail-oriented and excellent communicators. The firm expects a legal clerk to keep abreast of all court processes as per the laws and regulations, build relationships/contacts in courts and public registries as well as networks to ease delivery of their duties on time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the processes and procedures of incorporation of companies and registration accompanying forms and resolutions.
- Registration of both local and foreign companies and reservation of company names with the Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Timeously updating records at the registries
- Registration of documents i.e Powers of Attorney, Statutory Declarations, Debentures and charges, Sole Proprietorships and Partnerships, certification of the same and any other legal documents as and when the need arises.
- Manage the process of share transfers and buy outs
- Keep abreast with all current and relevant legislation regarding registry matters and perform any other duties assigned
- Conduct registry search for existing trade marks with the Trademark registry at the Uganda Registration Services Bureau as well as handle applications for the same.
- Work closely with supervising advocates in Patent &Utility Model, Copyright, Trademark and Industrial Design registration.
- Perform any other related duties
- Manage and oversee liquidation process i.e Insolvency/Winding up of Companies and bankruptcy applications in liaison with the supervising advocates.
Birth and death registration
- Handle birth and death registration procedures including but not limited to notice of Birth of a child from the Hospital of Birth, change of name of a child or Adult, updating register after operation of Hermaphrodite, registration of Presumed Death, notification of Death Registration, processing cause of Death from Mulago Hospital, application for Death Certificate, application for Certified copy of entries in the Register Book of Birth and Death and inspection of Register Books to obtain information as and when required.
Chattels Mortgage and Motor Vehicle Registration
- Assist with the declaration, Assessment, embossment of mortgage accompanying documents and registration of Chattels Mortgages
- Handle Motor vehicle searches ensuring necessary criteria is met and any other related assignments.
- Actively engage with the necessary offices to process certificates of titles and land transfers and ensure all home documentation process and documents are completed.
- Registration of caveats and other encumbrances in line with guiding rules and regulations
- Perform any other duties in respect to land matters
- Assist Advocates with timely service of court papers including but not limited to serving court summons, filling plaints, Written Statements of Defence, production warrants, petitions, and other correspondences or applications
- Update court files in chambers and liaise with registry when the need to track and follow up matters arises
- Timely preparation and filing of Affidavits of service, fix cases in courts of law and judicature and give timely feedback to the lawyers.
- Liaise with lawyers by way of updates on all matters in court and any other related duties assigned
- Act as custodian to the diary of court cases and update the lawyers from time to time.
- Make payment of stamp duty and other statutory fees and charges.
- Assist with navigating the various offices to process necessary permits and any other information such as citizenship application, residence certificates, work permits, passport and other related travel documents. Renew the same from time to time.
- Responsible for processing Certificates of Good Conduct from Interpol and all other immigration related duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant should have completed a Degree/Diploma in a relevant field required
- At least three years of specific experience in similar field or related field within a corporate, legal or professional services environment is essential
Bowmans is committed to achieving the objectives set in its transformation charter, and the targets in its employment equity plan. All recruitment decisions will be taken with due consideration being given to these objectives.
How To Apply for Bowmans Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 22nd July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.