Job Title: Business Pursuit Lead – VSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) Profile:
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Business Pursuit Lead will be responsible for growing VSO’s ability to deliver impact and influence through volunteering for development by securing funding for projects in Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania, with the primary focus being to pursue new opportunities for VSO work in Uganda
Competencies and Behavior
- Should be proactive, with great attention to detail and able to deal with competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Have exceptional business development skills; an ability to identify, pitch, and secure new funding partnerships whilst seeking internal buy-in.
- Experience of successfully generating funding partnerships and income via a high value audience is essential.
- Good knowledge of the donor world is essential.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open-minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How To Apply for VSO Uganda Jobs 2021
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information. If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Closing Date: 6th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.