Job Title: Fresher Health Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Direct supervisor: Community Health officer
Technical support: Medical officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, education, economic recovery and development, protection, and prevention and response to gender-based violence (GBV). IRC has its country office in Kampala and works in Yumbe/Bidibidi, Arua/Imvepi and Rhino, Lamwo/Palabek, Karamoja region, Kyegegwa/Kyaka II, Kiryandongo, and Kampala-Urban
Under the supervision of Community Health Officer, the Health Assistant volunteers will be responsible for hygiene and sanitation at the Health Unit and community. He/she will be expected to work within the heath facility, health posts and community in the IRC supported health facilities’ catchment population and collaborate with the integrated community health program to implement health activities. She/he will spend approximately 80% of his/her time in the field both at the health facility, health posts and in the community. The main purpose is to prevent and control the spread of diseases in the community
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement community Based Environmental Health Activities
- Enforce environmental Health Act, Regulations and By-laws
- Account for allocated resources
- Compile and submit relevant basic health data to the Health Inspector and or Community Health officer
- Carry out research activities.
- Compile quarterly sanitation data coverage for the catchment area
- Conduct daily supervision of hygiene and sanitation for the catchment area
- Compile and submit monthly community CBHIS
- Supervise VHT activities within the Catchment area
- Conduct bi weekly meetings
- Support client follow-up for defaulting clients especially TB and HIV, and where applicable supervise CB dots
- Conduct health education and health promotion both at health facility level and Community
- Provide regular feedback on community activities of the program.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Must have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least 2 years of work experience, with field experience in a health and nutrition project implementation
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills
- Counselling skills
- Teaching/Facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.