Job Title: Diploma Reproductive Health Officer – RCRA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Rwenzori Center for Research and Advocacy (RCRA)
Duty Station: Fort Portal
Reports to: The team leader
Rwenzori Center for Research and Advocacy (RCRA) (WVU)
Rwenzori Center for Research and Advocacy (RCRA) responds to the underserved community’s barriers to access better reproductive maternal newborn child and adolescent health, nutrition, improved livelihoods and quality education in Uganda. Founded in 2014 by medical doctors led by a Statistician, RCRA is fully registered by law of Uganda and National Non-governmental Organization, the RCRA offers lifesaving care to women, children and adolescents.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the project manager, the Reproductive Health Officer will be responsible for direct implementation of Adolescents and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health (A&Y SRH) Kasese Project in the field location Kasese and overseeing the implementation of the project interventions at health facility, in schools, and the community. He/she will be also be the focal point for the outreach clinics of the community health funding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate outreach day clinics in schools and provide adolescents and youth with family planning services.
- Coordinate awareness raising dialogue meetings at sub-county level with community leaders to raise awareness on adolescent sexual reproductive health issues and role of leaders and parents.
- Reproduce and locally print ASRH IEC materials, and training manuals and job guides for peer educators.
- Manage family planning complications or side effects that may occur in the supported facilities
- Provide long and short-term methods during outreaches.
- Prepare information packages for adolescents graduating from group sessions at Village level.
- Data management and reporting
- Coordinate peer educators delivering door-to-door health education and follow-up on adolescents and youth.
- Design, procure and install Sign posts publically displaying youth friendly services provided at supported public health facilities.
- Facilitate radio talk shows on adolescent and youth health covering different topics on issues relating to adolescents sexual reproductive health and rights services in the community.
- Assess capacity gaps at health facilities on service provision to adolescents and youth friendly services.
- Coordinate periodic onsite support supervision and coaching to health facilities for ASRH service provision.
- Conduct 1 week training sessions of 160 Village peer educators, the peer educator at village level will hold weekly SHRH information sessions with groups of girls and distribute contraceptives.
- Conduct training of trainers of peer educators equally selected from the selected parishes in the Maliba and Kitswamba sub-counties.
- Design behavioral change communications information packages for adolescents graduating from peer- led group sessions.
Accountability and Confidentiality
- Ensure confidentiality of client’s information documented after making choice of any family planning method during outreach.
- Account for all funds and assets in accordance with RCRA financial manual
- Coordinate the peer educators at parish and village level Expected outputs
- Increased uptake of FP services among adolescents and youth
- Improved coordination for outreach clinics and door-to-door distributions by peer educators
- Reduced teenage pregnancies
- Increased number of first time users.
- of young people reached with SRH information; No. of health talks conducted; No. of print IEC materials distributed by type; No. of youth friendly spaces established and functional; No. of young people counselled; No. of counselling sessions conducted; No. of pills acceptors; No. of young people reached with information on condoms and pills;
- of young people (by sex and age) referred for services; No. of young people who received services as a result of referral; No. peer education sessions conducted and number of young people followed up.
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma or Certificate in Clinical Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery or any other related field.
- An up-to-date registration certificate from a recognized institution is a MUST
- Computer literate with knowledge of basic programs MS Office
- Must have knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and equipment.
- Very good proven knowledge of family planning methods, proven communication skills at counseling and raising awareness, community sensitization, excellent verbal and written communication skills with at least 2 years of experience in community health.
The position provides a highly competitive remuneration package (salary, housing, subsistence and field day allowances to the successful candidate.
How To Apply for RCRA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates please send your application preferably to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org together with a detailed C.V and scanned copies of academic transcripts or Postal address P.O Box 599 Kasese, Uganda
The RCRA and RCRA staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in RCRA HR Policy– professional code of conduct. These are Integrity, professionalism, team, accountability, service.
Deadline: 8th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.