Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Graduate Intern – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of MEAL
Action Against Hunger Profile
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 6,500 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 14.9 million people over the years.
Action Against Hunger currently supports refugees and host communities in Adjumani, Yumbe, Kiryandongo and Kikuube Districts by aligning our support with development plans in relation to nutrition, WASH, Food Security, Livelihoods and health interventions. Action Against Hunger utilizes innovative, evidence-based practices to build community and household resilience and self-reliance, while improving the quality of government services by using sustainable approaches to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
Under the direct supervision of Head of MEAL Department, the Graduate MEAL Intern will support the implementation of the overall MEAL system. He/she will work with MEAL team to ensure that the data needed to track progress against commitments is flowing from the bases to central office, and is available in a timely manner to provide decision makers with the information they need to make evidence based decisions. The Graduate MEAL Internwill also be responsible for ensuring timely submission and consolidation of monthly Activity Progress Reports from the field teams; data quality assurance and updating online reporting systems on monthly and quarterly basis. He/she will as well contribute to overall programme quality through the coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring and evaluation, accountability, and learning strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A data nerd. We want someone who likes to “play with data” and find creative ways of presenting them. You love finding evidence-based answers to complex problems.
- Strong at details. We want someone who is extremely critical and pays attention to small detail; who finds checking, double-checking data and documents a rewarding task.
- An IT expert. We want someone who has solid skills in online information reporting systems and databases. Who will support the team in mobile data collection; using Kobo Collect, CommCare and the ACF Red-Rose application to collect and analyze data and generate reports for decision making.
- Capable of developingan effective and informative management System. We want someone who will contribute to the development of an effective and informative MEAL system, that monitors our work, and informs the required adaptations to our strategy;
- An energetic collaborator. You bring a positive, solutions focused attitude to work every day. This means that you reflect our values, share your positivity with your colleagues, and collaborate well with other teams i.e. sector specialists, finance, HR, logistics, implementing partners, government institutions, and academic fora.
- An exceptional and flexible organizer. We want someone who solves data problems and thinks of efficiency. You like to get things done. You quickly adapt to new realities. We also need someone willing to take on technical as well as operational and administrative tasks. Being willing and able to support across these functions is critical.
- Quality focused. We want someone who pays attention to quality. Being able to work without close supervision and is capable of conducting data quality assurance checks by ensuring consistency and accuracy of the data in the online system.
- Accountability system. Someone who will contribute to the development of an effective and sustainable community feedback, accountability and response mechanism and together with the program team ensures that beneficiary complaints are captured and timely populated in theonline accountability system.
- Quality reports. We want someone who will work together with the Head of MEAL to ensure that high quality analysis reports are generated which illustrate AAH’s impact and assessment findings including evidence of good practice and replicable programme, and that they are communicated at appropriate events.
Minimum Qualifications for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistical or IT field including; Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Statistics. Additional training in Data Analysis and Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools such as Kobo Collect, ODK, CommCare, ONA HMIS etc.
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus, coupled with experience in setting up MEAL system.
- Computer literacy with competence in word, PowerPoint, Excel and other applications.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.