Job Title: Clinical Quality Improvement Officer – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Clinical Quality Improvement
- In collaboration with the health facility in charge and transition manager, assists with developing and implementing the health facility’s quality improvement plan in accordance with MI20 standards based on SC’s needs.
- Ensure adherence to Ministry of Health policies and guidelines on all the program component parts with specific focus on quality improvement
- Support the health facility in charge to ensure functionality of the facility-level Quality Improvement Committee: Develop meeting agendas and facilitate meetings, and advise and assure that quality improvement ideas are carried out and evaluated.
- Develops, assists with, and monitors systems, and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of the performance of quality measurement data.
- Responsible for maintaining quality management documents, case files and correspondence in an organized, confidential and secure manner.
- Educates and trains staff as to the quality improvement plan working closely with the infection control and prevention focal point, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the quality improvement program.
- Participates in clinical audit preparation and coordination.
- Working in partnership with both the clinical and operations staff, monitors and evaluates the full spectrum of care and services provided to patients for quality, continuous improvement and patient satisfaction.
Data Management and Reporting
- Ensure maintenance of clinical program data collection, management and reporting infrastructure.
- Ensure compilation of monthly SCI M120 checklists.
- Ensure compilation of quarterly SCI MI20 checklists
- Provide monthly and quarterly submissions of MI20 checklists to the head of health at Country Office
- Work closely with transition manager and the head of health to facilitate review meetings, identify gaps in service provision, define methods to identify and investigate problems and recommend and incorporate corrective actions into a formal plan.
- Work with the health facility in charge to develop a capacity building plan for health workers in the facility
- Spearhead the rollout of health facility simulation corners for skills retention and ensure utilisation and functionality.
- Lead the design and implementation of innovative capacity building approaches including on the job training and mentorship to build the competencies, attitudes and motivation to optimize the performance of health workers for quality service delivery and data use to improve service access and quality.
Health Facility Transition
- Support the transition manager in following up key transition bottlenecks
- Spearhead continuity of transition activities in the absence of the transition manager, as delegated
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Actively participate in the Country Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes as requested
- In case of an emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
The ideal candidate will have a particular experience or interest in patient safety issues, QI/QA project management knowledge of recognized QI/QA standards, data analysis and reporting, and clinical quality improvement.
- At least 3 years work experience in a clinical /service delivery setting.
- Strong understanding of strengthening quality of service delivery programs at the facility level
- Decision-making and leadership skills and excellent time management capacities
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages
An understanding of programming in emergency context desirable
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.