Job Title: Logistics Assistant – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of logistics
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Logistics Assistant supports the delegation’s logistics team by following up on and handling requests.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Management of Logistics Databases & applications (40%)
- Responsible for operating and maintaining ICRC logistics standard databases & applications
- Provides user training & support on logistics standard databases & applications
- Manages the monthly stock inventory for all assistance items in accordance with ICRC guidelines
- Ensures all the stock items are accompanied by the appropriate documents
- Ensures that all storage facilities are appropriate for requirements, clean and secure
- Reports to the immediate Supervisor in order to enable him/ her maintaining optimum stock levels, using cards or other systems, this according to regulations in place and instructions received by the immediate Supervisor
- Responsible for the reception, careful inspection of all items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature
- Responsible for the proper and careful storage of all items and for their packing and loading for distribution to ‘clients’ items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature Responsible for the proper and careful storage of all items and for their packing and loading for distribution to ‘clients’
- Supervises / checks the Loaders / Head Loaders while working in the store
Procurement and Purchasing (10%)
- Ensures validation and recording of Supply Requests (SRs) according to established criteria
- Ensures accurate and timely follow-up and treatment of Supply Requests in collaboration with the Logistician
- Provides feedback to the requester concerning status of validated Supply Requests
- Establishes and keeps up to date database
- Liaises with the Administration on financial issues
Transport. Dispatch (5% )
- Arranges and executes forwarding of all assistance items, diplomatic pouch, personal effects to final destination as requested Sends back to issuer al Waybills after having signed it
- Maintenance, follow-up and statistical reporting using the Log applications
- University degree in Logistics, stores, supply chain management or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a Logistics department or environment
- Confirmed computer skills, especially in Excel & Word
- Able to work within deadlines and sometimes under stressful conditions
- Driving skills with a valid driving permit with B and DL classes is an added advantage
- Personal integrity, honesty, discretion and reliability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train others
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Interested candidates should submit their electronic application, CV and copies of academic and work certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th September 2021. Attach your documents as a single file/document. No paper applications will be received.
Logistics Assistant must be stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 17th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.