Job Title: Procurement Officer – THETA-Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: West Nile
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Department: Finance & Administration
Engagement Terms: 2 years Contract Renewable upon Performance and availability of resources
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
The Finance and Administration Unit is responsible for all financial functions including; accounting, payments, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance. The Unit ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Global Fund’s internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Executive Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
A Procurement Officer performs difficult, professional-level purchasing tasks associated with formal and informal purchasing, contract negotiations, scope of work development, interpreting and creating final contract documents involving a wide variety of materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communication with suppliers, contractors, and department officials and employees regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
- Drafting, review, and comparison of specifications and prices of competitive items and also examining, inspecting, and comparing of the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased for project purposes.
- Drafting, editing, review, and interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations; and the awarding, final negotiation, and/or recommendation of contract awards within prescribed limits.
- Purchases goods and services within established limits as provided by Procurement manual.
- Contacts suppliers for price quotes; prepares requisitions and affixes authorizing signature before ordering.
- Checks accuracy of funding information.
- Informs staff of purchasing procedures and regulations.
- Maintains purchasing records. Contacts vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations.
- Evaluates information to ensure compliance with donor and organization policies and public procurement and contract law.
- Discusses with vendors concerning new products, damaged goods, delayed payments or related information.
- Assists higher level buyers with the selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, brand comparisons and final award of bids.
- Conducts research concerning new products and general commodity requirements.
- Supervise the work of support staff processing requisitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or Business Administration, or related field; and two (2) years of full-time professional-level experience.
- Basic business principles.
- Knowledge of state contracting laws, regulations and procedures.
- Use of modern office methods, equipment and practices.
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures in an assigned field.
- Able to gather information regarding the type and specifics of merchandise needed by the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, departmental officials and the public.
- Able to present detailed reports of findings and recommendations, both orally and in writing
- Good negotiation abilities
How To Apply for THETA-Uganda Jobs 2021
- ALL Applications to be addressed to the Executive Director, THETA Uganda, P.O Box 21175 Mawanda Rd, Kampala.
- Only online applications are acceptable, online Submissions will only be via this link: https://forms.gle/QZrY8pRGBSFWPVjo7
- NO Application will be accepted later than 02:30pm Tuesday 14th September 2021
- Successful applicants MUST be available for immediate deployment.
- Applicants MUST indicate on the application letter, their current/ expected salary range
Deadline: 14th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.