Job Title: WPE Social Worker – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: WPE Response Officer
Directly supervises: WPE Community Based Volunteers
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, economic recovery and development, protection, and prevention and response to gender-based violence (GBV). IRC has its country office in Kampala and works in Yumbe/Bidibidi, Arua/Imvepi and Omugo, Kitgum, Moroto, Kiryandongo and Kyegegwa/Kyaka.
IRC is the lead health, nutrition and protection IP for UNHCR implementing in the whole of Bidibidi settlement. The IRC is part of the inter-agency coordination forum as well as participating in the various technical working groups at settlement and district level (Nutrition, Mental health, health, Protection, GBV). With funding from BPRM and UNHCR, the IRC will be implementing Women Protection and Empowerment activities including the provision of comprehensive response services to survivors of GBV and conducting GBV prevention activities within Bidibidi settlement.
The WPE Social Worker will provide GBV case management and psychosocial support to refugee and host community women and girls in Bidibidi settlement. He/She will provide women and girls access to information, services, and build informal support networks with other women at the Women Center and via mobile services. Using a survivor-centered approach to GBV Case management, the social worker will ensure that the client’s wishes are respected, and her safety and confidentiality are preserved at all times through the case management process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with WPE Response Officer to develop and oversee activities for women and girls.
- Identify and implement timely, survivor-centered and age-appropriate case management services and psychosocial support to all clients reached by the WPE team and ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles (Safety and Security, Confidentiality, Respect and No Discrimination).
- Identify available services and coordinate referrals based on the wishes and consent of the survivor.
- Advocate with partner organizations supporting GBV survivors to provide additional confidential services to clients, in accordance with their wishes and GBV guiding principles.
- Utilize GBV data management tools (GBVIMS) and systems to record information about clients accessing services, in line with the principle of confidentiality, and utilize aggregate information to improve service delivery.
- Support the development and utilization of zone-specific referral pathway for GBV cases.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and safe environment through the IRC mobile teams and at the Women Centers.
- Support capacity building and coordination activities in zone settings, including by delivering training sessions to local partner organizations on case management principles, GBV core concepts, GBV guiding principles, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Women Committee(s), WPE volunteers and other community-based groups to ensure they are involved in the activities of the WPE mobile team and they play an active role in the referral pathway.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all organizations working in the context to facilitate referrals and joint activities, while upholding IRC’s standard in GBV programming.
- Conduct regular follow-ups, compile daily & weekly reports, and attend weekly case review meetings.
- Develop and maintain work plans to achieve target indicators.
- Attend WPE and IRC meetings and trainings as needed and as requested by senior staff.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- University degree in Social Sciences (i.e. social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, gender studies, human rights, etc.).
- At least 2 years of hands on experience in the provision of GBV Case management services in a post conflict situation/location.
- Experience supervising psychosocial programs, providing psychosocial support or case management, and/or working on gender based violence (GBV) and women’s empowerment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions and to take accountability for decisions made.
- Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
- High standard of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 21st September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.