Job Title: Medical Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
To conduct clinical-patient assessment for participants in clinical studies, provide medical care and treatment to clients and their care takers, and contribute to continuous professional development in line with the Baylor-ganda medical & psychosocial guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical assessment and evaluation of health or illnesses of clients and give proper individualized care and treatment in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Provide appropriate advice, health education and counseling to patients and their caregivers in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Determinethe eligibility of participants for enrollment in the study based on clinical findings/assessments
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the potential side effects of the investigational study product, schedule of visits, end point criteria and all investigational articles (i.e. Investigator’s Br ochure)
- Provide test results for participant
- Appropriately prescribe study products to participants to maximize patient safety
- Advises and implements the appropriate medical management of adverse events/serious adverse events/expedited adverse events (AEs/SAEs/EAEs)
- Ensures timely reporting of SAEs and EAEs to the appropriate study personnel and sponsor
- Monitor adverse drug reactions, disease progression and community follow up and provide appropriate management including referral of complicated cases to higher levels of management in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Providesmedical and non-medical counseling to participant as appropriat
- Completesforms/source documents as needed
- Prepareand present at case conferences, radiology sessions, mortality audit and organizational continued medical education sessions as per clinicians’ schedule to promote in continuous professional development in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Register the microbiology laboratory results, trace patients with critical laboratory results and make monthly reports on these results in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Conduct capacity building in terms of training, mentorship, and support supervision for health care professionals from various health facilities and trainee on attachment based on identified needs in accordance with the Baylor & MoH Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Perform ongoing operational research; write out relevant abstracts for presentation to local and international conferences, as well as publishing such findings in line with the Baylor Uganda Research standards operating procedures.
- Perform tissue biopsies on patients, follow up results then trace and initiate patients with critical results on appropriate treatment and/or refer to them for higher levels of management as per Baylor Uganda related Clinical Policies and SOPs
- The job holder should have: 1) a bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery or equivalent from a recognized institution and must be registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council, at least 1 years working experience in HIV/AIDS research, internship in Paediatrics, Internal medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2) At least two years of experience in clinic or hospital-based services. Experience in HIV/AIDS and ART is important. 3) Have Key personal competences in team and communication skills, must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- 2 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.