Job Title: Study Midwife – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Provide nursing care and treatment ser vices to the study participants and implement procedures for recruitment, follow -up, retention and exit of study participants as well as for managing study documents in line with Good Clinical Practice guidelines and allocated study protocol (s).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conductphone call follow ups following vaccinations as required by the protocol.
- Perform patient triage, monitor vital signs, and other specialized nursing procedures, as appropriated to the specific needs of the study and individual participants
- Monitors, observes, and records participant’s response to treatment and other medical problems as appropriate
- Conducts participant counseling and serves as adjunct to other counsellors in the study
- Provides general overview and concept of the study to potential participants as appropriate
- Completes CRFs and source documents as appropriate
- Identifying and screening study potential participants for the study, obtaining all necessary information as per the specific study protocols.
- Conduct general examination (if required) and carryout study specific procedures for all potential or study participant’s pre and post entr y into the study, and refer appropriately participants who need further management in line with study protocol.
- Take off study specific samples required from the study participants after consent, package them well and hand them to the laboratory personnel for shipment according to the specific study protocol.
- Collect and file any required data for completion of Case Report Forms (CRFs) during their interaction of the study participants including photocopying and certif ying the required documents original documents from health facility in line with the study protocol and research QC guidelines.
- Prepareand submit weekly study screening, recruitment and follow-up reports to the study coordinator, the study team and key stakeholders in line with the study protocol
- Diploma in Nursing / midwifery OR Related Field. Experience in reactogenicity follow up for trial vaccines will be an added advantage
- 1 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.