Job Title: Human Resources Officer (Learning and Staff Development) – UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
The HR Officer [Learning & Staff Development] will be part of a dynamic HR team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
- Support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
- Support Culture transformation initiatives that actively encourages the development of a learning culture and the creation of learning environments that empower staff to exchange knowledge and develop skills
- Ensure learning and development opportunities for all staff are widely known using outreach traditional and innovative communication platforms in the Country Office
- Facilitates learning via face-to-face training, webinars, virtual, and blended learning; incorporates a variety of presentation methods and applications to accommodate different learning styles.
- Measures and tracks the effectiveness and impact of training and learning solutions and recommends ways to enhance effectiveness and impact
- Review at the end of each year office’s achievement with regard to the annual learning/training plan and activities, highlighting success, weaknesses and challenges and drafts a report including recommendations for consideration in the preparation of the annual learning plan.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the area of learning, staff development.
- Serve as Secretary to the Staff Development Committee (SDC).
- Coordinates the preparation of the UCO Annual Learning and Development Calendar.
- Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager coordinate the implementation of the UCO Learning & Strategy.
- Support HR Manager and Consultant to develop a country strategy and action plan for Dual Career for International Professional (IP) staff in the Uganda Country Office.
- Working closely with the HR Manager, lead the onboarding of IP families relocating to the duty station and provide relevant information on dual careers.
- Disseminate UNICEF initiatives on Support spouse/partner career services for IP recognized spouses/partners.
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
Minimum Qualifications for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
- A University Degree in human resource management, business management, psychology or another related field with a strong focus on Learning and Staff Development is required
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of human resources management.
- Ability to identify issues, conduct rigorous research, and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong research, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology systems and tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while advocating for consistent and equitable applications of promulgated HR regulations and rules.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in human resource management and experience in organizational learning, staff development and coordinating training programs and other learning initiatives is required
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing learning and development materials.
- Demonstrated strong writing, analytical, facilitation, presentation, and project management skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How To Apply for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.