Job Title: Operations Assistant – IOM Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference No: VN/UG/004/2021
International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Profile
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations departments in various IOM missions, coordinated under the division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters, are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission, in coordination with the Regional Deputy Head of Operations and the direct supervision of Operations Associate, the Operations Assistant (Movements) is responsible for undertaking movements activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, schedule and book travel for individuals upon receipt of travel-ready status and/or request in accordance with travel requirements, including but not limited to the distribution of Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs), updates, domestic flights, cancellations and departure notifications.
- Organize and complete all bookings in a timely manner and in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) from the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM). Under the supervision of the Operations Associate. distribute travel information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile and analyze descriptive statistics, using I-GATOR to capture costs and prepare travel loan paperwork as specified in SOPs and in accordance with host government’s procedures.
- Create movement data files, by ABN, for all individuals in accordance with SOPs and for IOM accountability.
- In accordance with local practices and RMM guidelines and standards, and in close coordination with supervisors, identify and assign escorts to accompany vulnerable individuals.
- In coordination Operations Associate, process exit permission paperwork and ICRC Travel Documents in accordance with established standards and the local guidelines.
- Conduct identity and document verification prior to the distribution of travel documentation to refugees, immigrants and migrants.
- Conduct pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs during travel (such as meals, medication, wheelchairs and medical conditions) as needed. Identify beneficiary vulnerabilities and coordinate appropriate action to ensure they are addressed.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Associate and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.)
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Operations Associate or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited institution with three years of relevant experience;
- Completed secondary [high school] education required and five years of relevant working experience;
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- Past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills Word, Excel and Internet;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with international NGOS would be paramount.
- Fluency in English is required
- Working Knowledge of French, Swahili, Arabic, Somali is advantageous.
How To Apply for IOM Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 28th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.