Job Title: Mailroom Clerk – US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: US Embassy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Salary: USD $34,021
Announcement Number: Kampala-2021-029
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The Mailroom Clerk will be supporting the day to day operations of the Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) and Diplomatic Pouch and Mail.
- Ensuring the proper transportation of pouch and mail between the Embassy and Airport.
- Dispatching, receiving and distributing all diplomatic pouches and DPO Mail. Receiving and sending international registered and local mail.
- Preparing and submitting billing reports to the FMO and other Embassy agencies as required.
- Screening local and international mail for hazardous substances.
- Provide on the job training of postal clerks in the procedures for processing incoming and outgoing DPO mail and unclassified pouch in accordance with DPO/DPM rules and regulations.
- Manage Classified Pouch operations at post, including preparing the shipment in ILMS, providing escort for the pouch, and processing the incoming shipment.
- Position will report to the Information Management Specialist on a daily basis.
Minimum Qualifications for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant for the United States Embassy Mailroom Clerk job should hold a High School diploma. Required.
- One year of clerical office experience or customer service is required.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Ability to perform duties that involve walking, standing, carrying and lifting mailbags up to 70lbs is required. Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Possess keyboard/typing skills where accuracy is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel).
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing priorities is required.
- Is required to maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.