Job Title: 10 Trainee Field Assistants – Oil Palm Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Division In-Charge
Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL) Profile:
Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL), is a joint venture between Wilmar international, Josovina of Singapore, Bidco Uganda Limited and the Government of the republic of Uganda. Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL) has established over 6,500 hectares of oil palm supported by over 4,500 hectares of small holder farmers on Kalangala Bugala Island with two palm oil mills of 20TPH capacity. Replicating the Kalangala model, we are also undergoing development of new nucleus and small holder’s estates in Masaka, Kyotera and Buvuuma.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Strict follow up of company procedures on harvesting interval, good harvesting standards, collection of loose fruits and timely transportation of harvested crops to Palm Oil Mill.
- In close consultation with the Human Resource Manager/ Human Resource Officer, ensuring an effective and efficient staff/ workers disciplinary procedure is used, handling of workers grievances and referring major cases to Human
- Resource Manager/ Human Resource Officer.
- Effective and efficient management of workers attendance under your direct supervision in line with company policies and procedures.
- Allocate and manage tasks of workers under your supervision as per company policy and daily work methods.
- Provide tools to workers and ensure their proper usage, safety and custody
- Ensuring proper usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) and compliance by all workers under your direct supervision.
- Supervise and guide Mandores on daily duty/ work activities and operations in the field as per a days requirement.
- Monitor drivers and operators in respective areas i.e ensure that vehicles are in good working state and report any break downs to relevant authority
- Manage general hygiene conditions and welfare of workers while on duty and at workers sites under your jurisdiction.
- Ensure timely provision of workers food and other amenities.
- The applicant must hold a University degree in tropical Agriculture, Agronomy, soil science or horticulture from a recognized University Experience in tropical crops is an added advantage.
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Willingness to relocate to any group plantations within the estate from time to time.
- Willingness to learn and undergo training.
How To Apply for Oil Palm Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications to:
The Human Resource Department
Oil Palm Uganda Limited,
P.O. Box 37, Kalangala
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.