Job Title: 4 Research Assistants – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Study Field Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire suitable candidates for Research Assistant positions for the VHT trail on the SEARCH SAPPHIRE study to be based in South Western Uganda. The Successful candidates will report to the Study Field Coordinator.
The Research Assistants will be hired on a temporary basis to support participant follow up on the VHT trial. They will identify and follow up participants in the VHT trial at week 24, conduct interviews and HIV testing in the community according to the protocol and SOPs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct study procedures within villages participating in the Sapphire VHT trial.
- Ensure participants are seen on time and study activities within the community are conducted Mon-Sun 8am-5pm.
- Conduct HIV testing, collect samples for VL testing for study participants in the community.
- Participate in entering laboratory results into case record forms and filing of the result slips.
- Offer the Dynamic Choice Prevention package to participants in the study according to the protocol and SOPs including provision of PEP and PrEP.
- Maintain confidentiality of study records and research findings as appropriate.
- Compile and submit weekly reports to the Study Coordinator.
- Ensure that study data for the study are collected and case report forms are filed.
- Charged with Clinical evaluation of study participants who may have complaints of possible AE’s events and to adjudicate whether their symptoms and physical exams meet the criteria for adverse events and side effects of ART.
- Responsible for seeing the study participants who are referred by the VHTs for medical evaluation.
- Compliment efforts of the other clinical officers already at the health centre who are routinely seeing clients outside the study participants at the clinic.
- Maintain all study equipment including tablets/laptops, motorcycles provided to you in a responsible manner.
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing from a recognized institution;
- Must have working experience in an HIV research setting, with good knowledge of research ethics.
- Must be registered with the Allied Health professional council (Clinical Officers) or Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (Nurses) with a valid practicing license.
- Must be able to ride a motorbike and have a valid riding license.
- Must have up to date GCP/HSP training certificates.
- Fluency in Runyankole and or other languages spoken in South-Western Uganda.
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: 7th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.