Job Title: Operations Coordinator – Samaritan’s Purse Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Samaritan’s Purse
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Samaritan’s Purse Profile:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the operations and procurement team across Uganda to meet the operational needs of the Samaritan’s Purse Uganda (SPUG) country office. S/He will be based in Kampala and report directly to the Regional Operations Coordinator; s/he will supervise the Fleet Officer, Logistics Officer and Administration Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as focal point for requests for procurement / logistical support from within the SPUG office.
- Develop an accurate procurement and logistics plan based on project/departmental needs and deadlines. Continuously monitor and maintain the plan to ensure programmatic goals are achieved.
- Facilitate/Oversee the procurement of materials and supplies with the highest standards of integrity, ensuring the right products, in the right quantity, from the right vendor are available in the right timeframe, and at the right price.
- Ensure all procurement is conducted in alignment with the Samaritan’s Purse Procurement Policy and provide training to staff on the same.
- Assist with facilitating payments to suppliers, tracking procurement to evaluate when payment is due and completing payment/finance paperwork, including gathering the necessary approvals.
- Facilitate logistical support, as needed, to include coordination of exemption processing, pre-dispatch inspections and freight forwarding.
- Ensure the Samaritan’s Purse fleet is well maintained; coordinate fleet replacements. Maintain an effective supplier vetting system to ensure high standards from suppliers.
- Manage strategic relationships with vendors, transporters, Ugandan authorities, amongst others. Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in coordination with team members, other departments and in line with SPUG, government and donor policies and best practices. Participate in morning devotions and maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, project stakeholders, project beneficiaries, and the general public. Any other duties as assigned.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or any other related field; Master’s degree an added advantage.
- Must agree with and uphold the mission and objectives of the organization.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role within the NGO sector.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines in an ever-changing environment. Proactive, adaptable and results-oriented; good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, with experience in training facilitation; a generous and serving spirit. Commitment to empathy, integrity, responsibility, transparency and efficiency.
How To Apply for Samaritan’s Purse Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to email@example.com or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 11 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi.
Deadline: 19th November 2021 at 4:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.