Job Title: Program Officer – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: JCRC Kabale site
Reports to: DBT Manager
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The Program Officer will work in Collaboration with the DBT Manager to oversee the implementation of activities that improve access to quality Care and Treatment services. S/he will work closely with facilities to ensure that HIV testing and treatment activities are in line with government of Uganda and project policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the facilities in collaboration with the district Technical Teams.
- Provide oversight over the care and Treatment services in the assigned area of operation.
- Develop innovative approaches, Support the ART treatment policies, Retention in care continuum of care services and access to viral Load in order to attain Viral Load in order to attain Viral Load suppression.
- Support project teams in the implementation and rollout of HIV Testing and Treatment Services, at community and Facility Levels.
- Provide oversight for the implementation of Different Service Delivery in the facilities.
- Conduct coaching and mentorship, Training and Joint supportive supervision at district and Health Facility level, to build the capacity of DHT’s to support Health Facilities to improve HIV care Services.
- Contribute to work Planning for achieving project objectives to ensure set targets are met.
- In collaboration with the monitoring and Evaluation team and Advisor, endure that data collected is accurate, Valid and captures process and outcome indicators.
- Contribute to documentation of the best practices success stories, abstracts and regular updates to quarterly and Annual reports
- Perform any other duties as requested and assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing or Public Health or Equivalent and significant levels of Training in HIV care and Treatment including differentiated services delivery.
- At least 3 years of working in public or Private Health Facilities to improve HIV Care and Treatment services in Uganda, USAID – Funded project experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability improving quality of HIV Care and Treatment services at Scale
- Knowledge and Experience in Implementing quality improvement approaches
- Ability to travel regularly to support facilities and Districts to improve care and treatment services.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of both Ugandan and Global guidelines for HIV Care treatment.
- Experience working with local government/districts
- Excellent Command of data analytics and data use for decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and;
- Computer proficiency in word, excel and power Point.
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All applications must be addressed to:
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: email@example.com
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Closing Date: Friday 19th November, 2021 at 5:00pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.