Job Title: Program Administrative Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kyegegwa, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kiryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
The Program Administrative Assistant will act as the point of contact for all staffs under APEAL Project (WPE & PRoL department), providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular purchase and payment request and reports, preparing periodic procurement plans, and organizing program records. Candidate should have previous experience as an Office Administrator or similar administrative role. Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management tools.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft and follow up on office purchases and payment requests for Programs.
- Manage program/office supplies through receiving and making release orders
- Support the Managers within WPE and Protection sectors to review PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for WPE & PRoL departments.
- Act as a liaison between program, supply chain, finance and HR office on program requirements
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential Program documents.
- Maintain a program calendar and schedule appointments
- Book and/or schedule meeting/training venues for Program activities as required.
- Liaise with Managers within Program to schedule in-house and external events.
- Work with the Managers within Programs to ensure staff submit their timesheets to HR in time.
- Support the Managers within Program to manage program staff leave database in accordance with IRC regulations.
- Support Human resource functions as requested by HR department.
- Ensure staff relevant information is shared with HR/Admin on a regular basis.
- Communicate any staff welfare concerns to the HR/Admin officer on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as maybe required.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or social sciences.
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in Program administration
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably with programs sector.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Flexibility and prepared to work additional hours
- Flexibility to continuously re-prioritize
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for all staff members.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments yet remain productive and focused.
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and outlook).
- Prior experience as an administrator
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: December 18th, 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.