Job Title: Programme Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: Between UGX 3,369,330 /= – UGX 4,399,330 /=
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Programme Assistant receives guidance from more senior programme staff and may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s). UNHCR Manual, programme objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Programme Assistant.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. S/he is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme.
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide support to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Guided by the MFT approach, contribute to monitoring activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits
- Use UNHCR¿s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Actively contribute to UNHCR¿s programming of community of practice and to the improvement of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Programme Assistant job placement should hold a G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Demonstrated experience in programme management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes.
- Computer skills (in MS office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc)
- Language Requirements: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Training relevant to function of the position including Programme Management ¿ Level 1. E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Learning Programme
- Experience in programme management training and capacity building activities.
- IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- PG-Programme Management (programme cycles and reporting standards)
- PG-Results-Based Management
- DM-Data Management
- PG-Programme Analysis
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.