World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Project Officer WASH (Kiboga Cluster)
Job Title: Project Officer WASH (Kiboga Cluster) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kiboga District
Report to: Programme Coordinator
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The Project Officer WASH will implement field level WASH interventions in the Area Program (AP) in line with programme targets, national and partnership standards using effective and efficient promotion tools/approaches recommended for Uganda context. The position requires passion and commitment to spend more time with the community to understand the problem in depth, culture and value system of the community and facilitate them in the required behavioral change.
Roles and responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022:
Facilitate sustainable access to safe water supply in target communities
- Carry out biannual and annual community situation assessment on key Water, Sanitation and parameters so as to identify areas for interventions for the Area Development Program assigned.
- Mobilized community members on six critical requirements to ensure ownership, operation and maintenance of the piped water systems and point water sources.
- Conduct field level monitoring of construction, usage and maintenance of existing WASH facilities ensure that every facility has a trained and functional management to sustain its service.
Carry out Hygiene & Sanitation promotion in target communities
- Lead counterparts (Sub County Officials and partners) in identification, mobilization and sensitization of target communities to participate in WASH activities.
- Lead counterparts and partners (Health Assistant/CDO, church leaders, community and cultural leaders), in the hygiene and Sanitation promotion activities in target communities; using WV recommended approaches for the attainment of ODF communities & Schools.
- Implement hygiene promotion activities in schools to ensure adoption of hand washing practice among pupils, SHC led management of sanitation facilities, and acquisition of life skills in making reusable sanitary pads, liquid soap, pit covers and tippy taps.
- Conduct WASH promotion in health facilities in the respective APs, ensuring that the target health facilities meet WV WASH indicators and serve as a centre for learning for infection prevention and control.
Carry out documentation and reporting of project activities
- Timely develop weekly, monthly and Quarterly implementation plans and reports on WASH project activities in the AP and share with the APC, TPO and other stakeholders.
- Support in providing necessary data for the development of the proposals, annual budgets and activity plans of all the software activities and ensure they’re implemented timely and are of high quality.
- Identify and document significant change stories that arise for WV WASH interventions
Promote partnership and integration with the Sub County and other WV projects
- Conduct basic trainings and refresher trainings as well as extend guidance and technical support to the Community based Hygiene and sanitation Promotion structures e.g. S/C staff, CHEWs, Church leaders, COVAs etc.
- Implement activities in collaboration with S/C staff (Health Assistants)
- Facilitate advocacy in WASH using CVA approach and District and Sub county coordination for a on WASH
- Ensure that sponsored children benefit and participate in WASH programme interventions.
- Integration of programming with other WV projects/activities
- Represent the project at Sub County level
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelors` Degree in Environmental Health Science, Public Health, Community Health or any other related field attained from a recognized higher institution.
- Experience in implementing WASH related activities or public health related with WASH for a minimum of 2 years, preferably within an International NGO context.
- Knowledge about CLTS, Follow up MANDONA, CHAST, PHAST and Sanitation marketing approaches.
- Very strong facilitation skills, community mobilization skills and the ability to effectively communicate key issues to communities.
- Ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Knowledge of PRA methods and willingness to live in the rural communities in the project areas.
- Good Computer skills and ability to write technical reports.
- Must be able to present motor cycle riding license, class A.
- Must be fluent in applicable local Languages and English.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field office-based with frequent travel to the field/ communities/ villages
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 26th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.