UNDP Jobs Uganda 2022 – Driver
Job Title: Driver – UNDP Jobs Uganda 2022
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
United Nations Development Programme Profile:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
UNDP Moroto field office seeks a qualified Driver to provide service to the project under the supervision of UNDP Moroto Head of office together with the support of Programme Associate Moroto. This position requires regularly travelling to entire Karamoja region where the current interventions are located; Some sites are characterized with unstable security situation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Demonstrate exemplary driving practices;
- Other tasks as required.
- Daily Verbal report;
- Daily Maintenance record;
- Logbooks record as monthly record and report;
- Office car is maintained in the good mechanical working conditions.
The required activities
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, servicing done and keeps a logbook up to date;
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items
The Driver will work under the supervision of UNDP Moroto Head of office together with the support of Programme Associate Moroto. She/He will be expected to submit weekly reports, and Monthly reports.
- Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with ones authority, area of expertise and resources.
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Completion Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a driver;
- Not less than 2 years of driving experience in a busy organization;
- Mechanical skills are an advantage;
- Valid driving permit with classes B, CM & DL;
- Experience with working in the Karamoja Region;
- Excellent interpersonal, skills and demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural background.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Ngakarimojong is desirable.
How To Apply for UNDP Jobs Uganda 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 2nd July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.