Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022 – O’Level Driver
Job Title: Driver – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. With funding from USAID, DFID, ECHO, Sweden Government, Swiss Development Cooperation and private foundations including MasterCard Mercy Corps has been able to work together with communities in Uganda to respond to the needs of our target population, which is focused on youth and more specifically adolescent girls. In 2017, Mercy Corps had an impact on almost 1 million beneficiaries in Uganda through our work focusing on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in Gulu Office District. The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.The position will most intensively support the FCDO funded Climate Smart Jobs programme being implemented in Northern Uganda with an office in Gulu.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate MC Vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions before and after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to the transport management.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use always.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis.
- Do the regular service and maintenance of vehicles and motorbikes
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
- Must have a UCE (O-Level) certificate
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience driving 4WD vehicles.
- Certificate in defensive driving is essential
- Valid class B drivers’ license as a minimum and good experience driving 4X4 vehicles.
- Knowledge of driving in less secure and harsh environment
- Must be knowledgeable and obedient to the traffic and safety act of Uganda.
- Good understanding of English is required both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community.
- Must know NGO vehicle policies and regulations.
- Must know what preventative maintenance is required for their vehicle.
- Must know basic first aid techniques.
- Must know the actions to be taken in the event of an accident.
- Must be able to change a wheel and do minor repairs and vehicle servicing.
- Must know how to use all accessories such as HF / VHF radios, winches etc.
Very positive attitude,
Cooperative, willingness to work long & extra hours, initiative, and flexibility
Supervisory responsibility: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Procurement and Logistics Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Logistics department and coordinates with all Mercy Corps programs and operations’ staff.
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff member are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 18th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.