Driver – NRC Uganda
Job Title: Driver
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
- The Driver shall strictly follow the traffic rules and speed limits applicable, and shall always drive in a safe, considerate and defensive manner. In case of an accident the driver shall ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed, including filling in the accident report form.
- The Driver is responsible for cleaning and daily maintenance of the vehicle and shall ensure that it is in a safe running condition. He/she is also responsible for checking of oil level, water level, battery, brakes, tires, etc., and that the vehicle is at all times equipped with a first aid kit, a good spare tire and all prescribed tools and equipment. He/she will report promptly and in writing to NRC is some tools are missing.
- The driver is responsible for filling the logbook for all trips and to ensure that other drivers that may use the vehicle to do the same.
- The Driver shall ensure that all required licenses, insurance cards and vehicle permits are valid and available in the vehicle incl. accident reports. He/she must also ensure that own driving licence and other relevant driving papers are up to date.
- The Driver shall follow the instructions given in the Checklist from the NRC Drivers’ Manual.
- The Driver is responsible for performing minor repairs. If major repairs are needed these should be reported to the supervisor before making arrangements.
- The Driver shall provide logistical support to NRC Teams during field missions, trainings and workshops.
- The Driver shall assist the Logistics Assistant with receiving, storing, picking and packing goods for the NRC warehouse/storeroom.
- Education: Uganda Advance Certificate of Education (UACE)
- Valid driver’s license
- Certification in Defensive Driving / Road Safety Awareness / First Aid courses
- Minimum 3 years experience of working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good communication skills (verbal & written) in English and local language
- Good communication skills
- Have a valid in country registered license.
- Have security sense.
- Enable to support teamwork.
- Resident of the Area and have knowledge of local context.
- Fluency in local languages
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online via the link below: Click Here To Apply
Application deadline: April 27th, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.