Data Clerk – Joint Clinical Research Centre
Job Title: Data Clerk
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Location: Kanungu, Uganda
Roles and responsibilities
- Liaise with the different units in–charges of several service delivery points to ensure completeness of data on the patient files, the registers (ANC, Maternity, Post-natal,
- Exposed Infant Register, HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register, KP/PP register) are complete.
- Working with different health unit’s departments in ensuring that timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to MoH and PEPFAR systems by verifying all data before submission.
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
- Update national EMR system from the paper-based patient’s records
- Update, maintain and retrieve data held on all computerized HIV/AIDS patient level and reporting systems
- Managing and maintaining the electronic data systems which include and not limited to
- EMR, DHIS2, KP/PP tracker, HIBRID by ensuring systems are updated with the most current data
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program regulations.
- Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enters verified data.
- Undertake to enter and clean all the program data entered into the database in line with the guidelines/principles as detailed in data entry protocols
- Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports.
- Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress off quality improvement interventions.
- Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at health facility
- Assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative economics, Population Studies/Demography, or other related field.
- Experience working in data management for MOH and PEPFAR systems
- Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems
- Knowledge of medical records management procedures
- Good working knowledge of computer with ability to operate various Microsoft wordprocessing software, spreadsheets
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills; ability to follow instructions provided in verbal or written format.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
- Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
How to apply
All applications should be addressed to The Manager of Human Resource & Development Joint Clinical Research Centre via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are STRICTLY advised to apply with a cover letter and CV combined in one PDF document not exceeding six pages.
Application deadline: 26th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.