2 Assistant Accountants – Lutheran World Federation Uganda Jobs
Job Title: 2 Assistant Accountants
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitates the office cash float by advising the Project/Sub Program Accountant on the need for cash withdrawals and carries out Sub Program funds transfers for both Bank and Mobile Money.
- Performs daily cash counts and have them endorsed by Project Accountant, undertaking safe custody of the cash box keys at all times and handing over the cash float to Sub Program Accountant for safe custody.
- Acts as bank Agent. Have knowledge on balances on banks and Mobile Money Accounts, forecasts daily cash requirements and processes cash withdrawals from the bank, follows up on all account issues that may arise from the bank/Mobile money.
- Prepares payments including staff advances, prepayments, Office running costs, etc, ensures they are correctly coded and from right cash book/account, and ensures that vouchers are presented to the Project/Sub Program Accountant for checking and subsequent approval by the Team Leader.
- Captures vendor invoices into sage and once posted, prepares payments to vendors, uploads payments to Online Banking/Mobile Money Platform and submit to Project/Sub Program Accountant for review and final approval by Team Leader.
- Archiving of financial documents; Stamps all transactions with respective project stamps and maintains up to date payment/receipt vouchers for all financial transactions in a Sub Program in an orderly filing system.
- Ensures recording and monitoring of all documents retrieved from files by finance or other departments’ staff, makes sure all documents taken out are returned to respective files.
- Ensures that balance sheet items (i.e., cash accounts, bank accounts, Mobile Money accounts, personal accounts, debtors, creditors, p
- Degree in Accounting/Finance related field.
- Should be self-driven, have initiative and be willing to work long hours and able to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Minimum of one-year experience in Finance and working with reputable Organizations.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- At least level II of professional accounting qualification (CPA, CMA, ACCA).
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below
Application Deadline: 18TH JULY 2023