Accounts Officer – UEGCL Jobs
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL)
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring prompt payment of staff expense claims;
- Maintaining good relationship with suppliers by advising them on their status of payment and resolving all the disputes
- Maintaining appropriate contacts and communication with all suppliers;
- Monthly reconciliation of all creditors accounts to individual supplier statements;
- Follow up and resolution of supplier queries and complaints;
- Processing of all payments into the general ledger;
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly cash flow projections indicating how much will be paid out to assist in cash planning purposes for decision making on optimal utilization of funds in investment and borrowing.
- Ensuring compliance with Various Tax Authorities requirements and law on all payments made for both local and international suppliers.
- To ensure all the statutory, regulatory, leases and loans are paid by their due dates to avoid defaulting and being charged interest and penalties
- Working with the Internal Audit team to ensure that sound internal controls are established and adhered to.
- An upper second honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration (Accounting Option) or Accounting and Finance.
- Part qualification of ACCA or CPA is a must.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience at similar level;
- Experience in project management of electricity power generation and complex infrastructure projects is added advantage.
- A reasonable understanding of International financial reporting standards – IFRS.
- Good experience in using computerized accounting software
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
- Computer literacy
How to Apply:
Interested persons with requisite qualifications are invited to address their applications with copies of certified academic documents professional qualifications and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating two referees and their full addresses to:
The Chief Human Resource Officer
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited
P.O. Box 75831, Kampala.
Applications should be submitted electronically as one attachment only in portable documents format (pdf) indicating the position applied for in the subject line to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 01st, 2023