Document Controller – SeaOwl Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Document Controller
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- To participate in the implementation of the Documentation Management system, setting up and explaining rules and procedures, jointly with the Method Engineer and with the help of concerned people in Headquarters.
- To establish and implement the Document Control Procedures and ensure compliance.
- To be informed of Company Specifications (GS’s/GR’s), TEPU and Company procedures, etc. related to Documentation Management and their application to the Project.
- To follow and improve the Documentation Management system.
- To control the conformity of data entered on the Drilling and Wells main databases, using special tools for automatic control (Wellview Audit), commenting on the conformity of documents, and rejecting documents as necessary.
- To provide support (training, daily assistance, advice) in the use of the Documentation Management System to the office and rig site team for their document-related duties (review and comment of documents, approval process, etc.) and, as a general manner, to aid the team for all matters related to documentation management activities.
- Ensure documents are shared at key times to facilitate timely project completion.
- To keep and archive digital copies of documents as required.
- Participate in the Drilling and Wells Permitting and approval process.
- Animate regular follow-up and update of the register.
- Provide bi-weekly reporting on document control activities, challenges and proposed improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Management, Information Management Systems.
- Knowledge in QA/QC for data management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Documentation management. Experience within Drilling organizations in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Medium proficiency in the Information, Data & Document Management area. Understanding of Project Technical. Documentation Requirements and Deliverables.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (Office 365 – SharePoint).
- Excellent writing skills, technical documentation, specifications, training materials, presentations, and others.
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Working experience with generating Document Control reports/Statistic
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a written Expression of Interest accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae. copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted and addressed to:
Ministry of Health,
Block D, Room D109,
Plot 7 Lourdel Road,
P.O. Box 7272 Kampala
Application Deadline: before 31/07/2023, 4pm.