System Administrator – UCU Uganda Jobs
Job Position: System Administrator
Organization: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty station: Mukono
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
All candidates should send
- Two (2) copies of an application letter, an updated Curriculum Vitae, and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
- Two (2) copies of CERTIFIED academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
OR Email to email@example.com
All the attachments should be in ONE PDF document.
Deadline: Monday, November 27, 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!