Assistant Electrical & Systems Engineer – Hima Cement Ltd Jobs
Job Position: Assistant Electrical and Systems Engineer
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty station: Tororo
- Incorporate and ensure individual and team safety culture in all activities. Compliance with Group HSE regulations to ensure zero harm to people and the environment
- Determine and schedule the necessary actions of corrective and preventive electrical maintenance in coordination with Mechanical and preventive maintenance supervisors to ensure proper functioning of electrical equipment and installations.
- Ensure the electrical maintenance team’s full-time readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns.
- Write the Logic diagrams, PLC programs and design CCR graphic displays for new/revamped equipment.
- Responsible for integration of hardware/software modifications and their commissioning. Rectify, record and report and control system equipment failure.
- Prepare weekly work orders according to preventive maintenance plans or scheduled corrective maintenance actions.
- Coordinate and supervise execution of work order activities, failure data gathering (cause, symptom), time confirmation (external and internal), material withdraw.
- Responsible for the revision, testing and distribution of General Function
Specifications for the new and revamped systems.
- Ensure the development, review and implementation of Systems Standard Operating procedures.
- Challenge and improve existing control loops and diagrams, design new ones in line with process/equipment reliability optimization and user requirements.
- Responsible for implementation and testing of validated design change requests in collaboration with the users and systematic storage of changes for traceability.
- Responsible for updating software listing, CCR documentation.
- Perform all duties in compliance with LH Standards for Plant control systems.
- Supervise control system contractors’ studies and works to ensure LH standards are met.
- Contribute to NWC optimization by identifying critical parts of electrical equipment, proposing optimal stock levels of spare parts (through FMEA) and identifying remaining lifetime of critical electrical equipment.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 2-4 years experience in Industrial Electrical automation and control systems.
- PLC programming, DCS and SCADA systems
- Maintenance and Upgrade of Control systems
- FMEA techniques and knowledge of basic problem-solving tools
- Knowledge of the cement process
- Microsoft Office
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address.
Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment.
Deadline: 18th November 2023.
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!