Health & Safety Assistant – East African Roofing Systems
Job Position: Health and Safety Assistant
Organization: East African Roofing Systems Limited
Duty station: Kampala
- In charge of implementing all the requirements of Health, Safety and Environment programs in the company.
- Routinely inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Conduct worker training in areas such as safety laws, regulations and use of safety equipment.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Work closely with the safety committee on issues regarding safety.
- Work together with section supervisors to ensure compliance to safety Standards.
- Investigate safety incidents and develop mitigation and corrective measures.
- Carry out safety, health, and environmental audits.
- Develop environmental and social management plans.
- Develop waste management policy and its implementation.
- Develop and implement a Safety, Health, and environmental management system as per ISO 14001:2015.
- Spearhead sensitization of electrical safety.
- Maintain appropriate fire protection equipment and training.
- Tasked with analyzing risk, proposing a methodology to mitigate risk, and ensuring zero accidents and thefts on site.
- Ensuring project compliance in relation to Health and safety at all levels.
- Ensure mandatory PPEs are properly and effectively used by all staff while at the workplace.
- Carry out Environment Health and Safety Audits.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to safety policies and work instructions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma in science discipline in Environmental science, mechanical, Health, Safety, and Environment, Manufacturing or related field.
- Minimum three years of working experience in the Health, Safety and Environment, Manufacturing, or related field.
- Must have attention to detail, problem-solving skills, conflict resolution, leadership skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to take initiative, and good decision-making skills.
- Familiar with ISO 14001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. And ISO 45001:2018..
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application, CV, and academic documents by emailing: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th Dec 2023.
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!